Welcome from the Event Chair
Oskar Verkamman Managing Director/ Co-Founder Inspired-Search / Inspired-Group
|Exploring Asia Pacific’s Evolving Market Dynamics
Presentation: The economic and market dynamics of Asia; trends and challenges shaping the business and innovation opportunities in supply chain
Asia as a whole represents the world's fastest growing region and by 2017 is predicted to account for over one third of the global contract logistics market. The market is ripe for opportunities. Don't get left behind the crowd...
- Explore how the confluence of continued strong growth in Asia, emerging business and technology trends presents new exciting growth and innovation opportunities for the supply chain and logistics industry
- Understand how Singapore positions itself as a strategic partner to investors to harness the growth in the region through investments into best-in-class supply chain practices, skilled workforce and supply chain talent and innovation platforms
Carol Chong Deputy Director Logistics, Economic Development Board, Singapore
Presentation: Are you ready? Defining trends that will reshape the Asia Pacific supply chain landscape
Hear the latest findings from DHL’s recent trends report focused on the developments taking place across the region and the implications and opportunities for supply chains. The focus of the presentation will explore:
- Logistics solutions for Asia’s rapidly expanding urban environments
- Driving new value from enhanced digital connectivity and the ‘Internet of Things’ across the diverse region
- Understanding new Trade initiatives and their impact on local and global supply chains
- How investments in logistics infrastructure will improve connectedness across South and Southeast Asia
David RingroseVice President - Business Development and Account Management for Service Logistics, DHL
Panel: Transforming logistics offerings and supply chain practices to meet the new rules of Pan-Asian growth
- The production perspective; exploring warehousing, manufacturing and talent, weigh up the best countries for manufacturing and production. A look at:
- Cost and infrastructure issues
- Best strategic locations for operations (closer to markets, closer to raw materials or closer to manufacturing?)
- The supply chain ramifications of production decisions
- The consumption perspective; insight into the impact of slowing growth in China vs. the accelerated growth of some consumer markets in SE Asia.
- What does this mean for networks, infrastructure and the new growth hot spots of the region?
- Intra-Asia trade, infrastructure and country disparity: a look at the impact of trade agreements (how TPP makes APAC countries more attractive) and the development of ASEAN on the logistics industry
- Which countries are moving up in the ranks in production and manufacturing terms?
Adam Farmer Director Account Development - Asia Pacific, Neovia
Jason Khoo Supply Chain Director, AMEA, Boston Scientific
Dhruvil Sanghvi CEO, LogiNext
Intelligent Logistics: The Path to Deliver Profitable Growth and Differentiated Performance
- 3PL Trends: what is going on now?
- What are the turning points that 3PLs should focus on to grow profitably in the next 18 Months?
- How can technology help the profitable growth?
Richard Ryan Sr. Customer Sales Executive JDA Software Asia
Panel: Cross-border, customs & compliance: the developments that can make or break you
The panel and audience share stories on their experiences, the complications and the solutions in compliance and cross-border management
- What’s the latest regulation? The panel explore the latest in the regulation, customs and compliance activities that you need to be aware of to ensure your supply chain stays out of trouble
- Cross-border, customs & compliance: understand and debate the latest in cross-border compliance issues; how is china’s influence going to affect how ASEAN countries interact with one another
- Working with suppliers: avoid trade compliance and risk issues in Asia by increasing visibility right down your value chain. Hear what strategies the panel think work when it comes to communicating compliance strategies to suppliers.
Darryl Judd Group Chief Operating Officer and Managing Director - Asia, Logistics Executive Group
Bipin Balakrishnan Director/Counsel - Customs & Trade, Asia, Middle East & Africa, General Motors
Gwyneth Fries Senior Sustainability Advisor Forum for the Future
Raymond Yee VP, Customs & Regulatory Affairs, Asia Pacific, DHL Express Singapore
Andrew Jackson Managing Director, IOR Express Pte Ltd
Networking Lunch Break
Interactive: Which country are you backing?
SWOT Analysis: Break into groups and discuss the pros and cons and viability of operating in each of the countries below. Your group will be profiled (manufacturer, retailer, consultant, solution provider etc.) and you’ll come up with your top 3 countries for doing business in the next 10 years. Make sure to look at each from a production and consumption point of view.
Takeaway: At the end of the session we’ll have a benchmark of the most promising countries in the region, as voted for by 200 of the best minds in the supply chain industry.
|eCommerce: Evaluating the future of the South East Asian eCommerce market
Keynote: How to Beat Uber and Amazon
Create a competitive advantage with customer engagement and operational efficiency
- Customers are more empowered than ever - they expect to have full visibility over their deliveries
- Amazon and Uber changed the game - Amazon with its efficient logistics and Uber with its superior customer experience
- 3 keys to creating competitive advantage in the age of the empowered consumer
- Customer Centric Supply Chain
- Supply chain becomes front office activity
- Operational Efficiency
- Last Mile Engagement
- Visibility over orders with a real-time map and engage with customers through notifications and open communication
Presentation: Creating a network for e-commerce; last-mile delivery options and warehousing decisions
- Understand how to reach the untapped potential of emerging markets for eCommerce; explore the prevalent trends in each country (mobile vs. online, cash-on-delivery versus e-payment) and create a tailored logistics approach to meet omni-channel company and consumer expectations
- Infrastructure issues and the road ahead: how retailers, manufacturers and 3PLs alike can navigate the lack of infrastructure and services geared specifically towards eCommerce
- Evaluate the trend for air freight vs. ocean, security issues, future investment and partnerships that will ensure that retailers can compete with on-time delivery promises
Thomas Schlickenrieder VP, Operations and Network, DHL eCommerce Asia Pacific, DHL eCommerce
Networking Coffee Break
Presentation: eCommerce; what can we learn from Japanese market?
- Ryan Miller will share an overview of the Japanese market, where it’s headed and how to be successful as a foreign merchant.
- Ryan will share what makes eCommerce in Japan different from other markets, how to ensure success there and what tips can be applied to the SE Asia market
Ryan Miller VP eCommerce, Rakuten
Panel: South East Asia eCommerce market opportunities and challenges; where are we headed?
- Export to consumption: exploring the shift from manufacturing-for-export towards catering to domestic and regional demand and Singapore’s role as a consumer base; a look at the latest facts and figures on what to expect for eCommerce growth in SE Asia
- Capitalizing on the boom: what 3PLs and shippers alike need to take note of in order to capitalize on the eCommerce SE Asia boom. Exploring what 3PLs can do to gain market share, the emergence of eCommerce start-ups and how manufacturers can look to a direct-to-consumer approach
- Infrastructure issues and the road ahead: How retailers, manufacturers and 3PLs can navigate the lack of infrastructure and services geared specifically towards eCommerce. Evaluate the trend for air freight vs. ocean, security issues, future investment and partnerships that will ensure that retailers can compete with on-time delivery promises
Onur Uranli Global Director Strategic Marketing 3PL Segment Product Care, Sealed Air
Michael Tan Co-founder & CEO, Zap Delivery
Jimmy Lim Global Supply Chain Logistics, APAC, Renowned Web Provider
Raanan Cohen CEO, Bringg
Panel: Identify and retain talent and create leaders for the future
Technology is set to change the way your supply chain operates. With talk of drones, robots and 3D printing, explore just how the human element of your supply chain is going to need to change
Discuss in Roundtables
- How do you handle talent?
- How do you identify talent?
- How do you retain talent?
- How to you reward talent?
- How do you separate low and high potential talent?
Sanjay Desai Director Supply Chain Management, AsiaPacific, Former Huntsman
Leonardo Longo Logistics Executive
Suresh Dalai Head of Retail Merchandising Planning, Former Levi Strauss