The Future of Hi-tech Supply Chain: from Risk to Startups, Physical to Digital, the Industry Critical Topics You Need to Succeed in the Industry of Tomorrow.
Sorry you missed a fantastic show!
If you'd like to find out more about the 2015 event please click here
Click here for more information on sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
The Hi Tech & Electronics Supply Chain Summit is the key industry event for supply chain leaders in North America. With more than 100 senior executives in attendance, it is your prime opportunity to network and gain innovative strategies for enhancing your supply chain.
Key Topics to be Discussed in 2014
- Risk Mitigation – Risk isn’t a new priority for supply chains, but as the industry changes, demand becomes more volatile, and new concerns regarding unstable weather conditions, labor unrest and renewed economic growth mean you need to know how to incorporate the very latest risk thinking into your supply chain strategy. Discover what strategic changes you can implement now, and the core questions you need to ask your organization to ensure it’s protected against the future.
- Supplier management – With cost control at the center of supply chain priorities, uncover how to get the most from your suppliers, and explore new ideas to ensure you’re getting the most from their services. Find out how you can use their innovation and network to your benefit.
- Understanding a New Customer Segment – Working with start-ups – There's been an explosion of consumer hardware startups over the past 3 years, with many of these companies centered in the Silicon Valley and focussed on health/wellness, smart watches, portable audio etc. hi-tech hardware products. As these companies have focused on the design, engineering and software/app development aspects of the business, they have limited supply chain and manufacturing experience. In this session, explore the exciting world of start-ups and see how they can lend themselves to your business as customers or solution providers. Find out how to adapt your scalability to match theirs, and find out how working with such smaller organizations can bring huge benefits to your company through agility and adaptability. Also plug yourself in to some of the latest developments in the hi-tech space, to see what the future might offer as some of these start-ups take-off.
- Demand variability – Tackle demand variability through data management, supply chain agility and end-to-end visibility. Look at metrics, overall supply chain strategy and supply chain relationships as mechanisms for achieving efficient demand variability. Gain applicable knowledge cross-industry that will allow you to implement cost-saving demand related measures immediately.
- Reverse Supply Chain Management – Approach the aftersales supply chain with the same degree of detail and efficiency as the forward supply chain and find out how this can lead to risk-aversion, cost savings, alternative revenue and overall supply chain efficiency and agility. Learn about the future impact of technology in this area, and how the idea of reverse supply chain is set to evolve further towards profit center from cost center.
- S+OP – Agility, efficiency, cost saving etc. are all buzzwords that are often mentioned as associated with key topics in the hi-tech industry space. The fact of the matter is that these changes start from within organizations. As companies continue to struggle to ensure internal alignment with the business strategy, we’ll look at how you can achieve internal organizational efficiency through effective S+OP and what steps you need to take to elevate your company’s operations to the next level.
- Labor challenges – With West Coast port labor challenges being a major topic of interest for regionally-based hi-tech companies, explore how these interruptions can affect your bottom-line in the future, and use this example as a case-study for contingency planning in your organization so that it can operate seamlessly and without cost overruns during future supply chain interruptions.
The Future of Hi-tech Supply Chain – Discover what’s in-store for hi-tech supply chains as advancements in the industry change the face of supply chain, from physical to digital, from overseas to local manufacturing, and from robotics to 3D printing.
The Hi-Tech Supply Chain Summit was an excellent opportunity to get greater insight into current supply chain topics, as well as network with other supply chain professionals
Charlie Andrews, Director, Storage Integrated Supply Chain,IBM
Industry Leaders On Hand in 2013 that Shared Their Expertise
Here are some of the expert speakers on board to share their insights with you at the 2013 summit:
- Scott Grant – Supply Chain Director – AMD
- Paul Dowler - Global Supply Chain Design Leader - Lenovo
- Pierre Bassing – Director of Supply Chain– Infineon North America
- Scott Robbeloth – Director of Supply Chain– Seagate
- Chris Smith – Senior Director of Device Supply Chain – US Cellular
- Patrick McGivern - SVP Global Supply Chain - Verifone
- Keith Melcher - Global Transportation Manager - Texas Instruments
- Stan Aronow - Research Director - Gartner
Tangible Skills and Usable Takeaways...
The agenda for the Hi-Tech & Electronics Supply Chain Summit is rigorously researched, and specifically designed to ensure attendees walk away with real takeaways that they can apply today!
- Innovative Case Studies – At the core of your learning experience are step-by-step experiences from industry leaders. Discover what worked, what didn’t and how you can apply their learnings.
- Interactive Panel Debates – It’s your turn to get involved and quiz the experts in these frank and detailed discussions. Get off-the-record strategy tips you won’t hear or read anywhere else!
- Solution Zone – Meet our select group of solution providers in the Solution Zone, discuss your needs and compare service options. Save time by comparing several providers at once!
Learn: In Theory, In Practice, Interactive
Each major theme addressed will be broken down into three steps for your benefit:
In Theory - Hear an academic or topic expert provide an introduction to the session theme and put the major issues into context
In Practice - Leading Transport and Logistics IT execs share their practical knowledge and expertise with you
Interactive - A chance to add your voice to the debate through Q&A, live polling and mini workshops
Senior supply chain executives at hi tech & electronics companies are eligible to recieive complimentary tickets to the event - numbers are limited however, so make sure you don't miss out and apply today!
Expand Your Career Network with Unrivalled Networking Opportunities
The Hi-Tech & Electronics Supply Chain Summit is deliberately designed with your networking priorities in mind. Participants have ample time to meet the senior leaders of your industry and discuss your needs with solution providers.
- 10+ Hours of Dedicated Networking Time – Chat with everyone you want to meet at the event and never miss a conference session!
- Personalized one2one meetings agenda - When you register, we ask you who you want to meet. We then put together a personalized agenda just for you to maximize your event networking time. By telling us your needs, you’ll be matched with solution providers who fit the bill – no conversation is wasted!
- Maximized Networking Time – With a strictly senior attendance, and your personalized schedule, no conversation is wasted at the Summit. Your learning and networking time will be optimized for maximum benefit to you!
Year-Round Executive Learning Resources for You...
Check our leading industry resources specifically tailored for those working in the hi-tech supply chain:
Visit our Knowledge Vault and gain instant FREE access to:
- Past event presentations
- Executive Interviews
- Industry Survey Results
- In-depth Reports
- Mini Snapshot Reports
- Industry Maps
- ...and much more
For more information please contact: