This session explores the evolving role of the 3PL at the hands of technology. We have collated questions from our research to open the conference with a ‘quick fire’ session to help set the scene and stir up some debate over the next 2 days.
Join a panel of tech-driven logistics and incumbent 3PLs as they debate the nature of a modern logistics business and determine how to maintain relevance in the age of digitalisation; from commoditisation-driven automation to customer value creation.
- Metrics: What metrics should you look at to gauge a 3PL’s success?
- Investment: What have the key areas of 3PL investment been for our panel?
- Margins: How have margins been impacted by technology shifts in the past few years and how are they expected to continue toe impacted?
- A 3PL’s core: Where does your company fall on the people/process/technology balance? Has this shifted recently?
- Technology: How does technology impact strategic direction and customer relationships? How does technology impact your financial structuring?
- Automation: Will automation dictate who survives in the 3PL industry?
- Logistics start-ups: The new tech-driven 3PL – disruptor or the future? Uncover the true value proposition they bring to customers
- Customer requirements: What metrics do customers use for vetting logistics providers? Beyond cost, where do specialisation, customer service and technology sit?
- Talent requirements: How is technology tech-driven altering the skill-set requirements of logistics talent?