Your web browser is out of date! We recommend you update your browser to receive the best possible browsing experience.

Key areas and tools for securing your long-term business recovery:

1 – Ecommerce

80% of the US population has made an online purchase in the last year. That’s about 300 million people who are primed for online shopping. However, with e-commerce accounting for around 10% of retail sales in the US in 2019, retailers are not exploiting the opportunity to its fullest potential. Retail supply chains were not designed with e-commerce in mind and retailers primarily focused on brick and mortar as their source of growth are now struggling to survive the quarter.

Retailers who had the long-term vision to invest in their e-commerce strategy are now reaping the benefits and leaving old-fashioned retailers in the dust. Learn what you need to built to make sure you are part of the retail revolution.

  • Omni-Channel Supply Chain Design – Embedding The Customer In Strategy.
  • Last-Mile Deliveries - Creating An Industry Leading Customer Experience
  • Reverse Logistics - The Final Frontier In The Customer Experience Journey

2 - Digital Strategy

Nearly 85% of retailers have not digitised their end-to-end supply chains…and it shows. You only need to look at the bottom-lines to know that traditional retail supply chains no longer get the job done. The rest of the 15% are now making plans for the next five years while the others are left behind scrambling to put together a digital supply chain.

Going digital in retail supply chains doesn’t have to mean billions in ‘buzzy’ tech. investment - it means having patience and a vision to reap the long-term benefits. It’s not too late to adapt your supply chains, but 2020 is your last change to get on board the digital train.

  • Data And Analytics: The Key To Agile And Resilient Supply Chains.
  • Supply Chain Infrastructure: The Foundations Of Your Retail Strategy
  • Technology Investment Strategy: Where To Commit And Why

3 - Network flexibility

‘Adaptation’ is the key word for retailers in 2020. Faced with the worst-case scenario, a flexible approach to supply chains helped save countless jobs, provided lifesaving supplies and kept business afloat.

Having a supply chain ready to flexibly react to disruption will secure your business and allow you to pivot your entire strategy based on even the most unexpected challenges. Planning with flexibility embedded in your strategy will bring you closer to achieving a resilient supply chain.

  • Maximizing Your Real Estate - Save Time, Money and Resources
  • Supply Chain Collaboration - The Diverse Partner Network
  • Proactive Strategy - Data Driven Logistics Game Plan

4 - Inventory Planning & Forecasting

Unpredictable demand fluctuations have supply chains in chaos. Excess stock with nowhere to go is causing a hole in profits and in other cases there’s not enough supplies to go around.

Supply chains failing to deliver means not only business failure but could also cost the wellbeing of consumers. This process needed to be perfected yesterday.

Production schedules, stock levels and storage will all have to undergo dramatic restructuring to match the market.

The entire value chain will have to be redesigned to match the new demand patterns of consumers.

  • Connected Inventories - Integrate Tech. In Your Inventory Planning
  • Demand forecasting – A Customer First Approach
  • Maximising Efficiency - Operational Visibility