Mark Millar leverages 25 years of global business experience, including ten years in greater China, to develop and deliver enlightening keynote speeches and to provide Consulting, Education and Recruitment services that create value for clients by empowering performance improvements in their supply chain ecosystems.
Acknowledged as an industry thought leader, clients have engaged Mark as Keynote Speaker, Conference Chairman, Master of Ceremonies or Moderator at more than 230 events in 20 countries and his articles on global supply chain trends and logistics industry developments are regularly published in five languages.
Mark’s distinguished international track record in Supply Chain and Logistics includes 15 years in the Asia Pacific region, where he has led business development initiatives across ten Asian countries. His corporate career includes executive positions at ModusLink, Platinum Logistix, Exel Contract Logistics (now DHL) and UPS Supply Chain Solutions - serving many leading companies in the Consumer Retail and High Tech Electronics sectors.
Mark is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD) and a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transportation (FCILT). He achieved an MBA with Distinction from the University of the West of England, is a Graduate of the UK Chartered Institute of Marketing and holds a post graduate Diploma in Management Studies.
He has lived and worked in the UK, the Netherlands, Australia, Singapore, USA, Ireland, mainland China and Hong Kong. Whilst with the Thorn EMI group in the UK, Mark’s international sales leadership earned Thorn Secure Science the “Queen’s Award for Exports”.
Appointments: an active and enthusiastic industry contributor, Mark currently serves as:
- Head of International Relations, Vietnam Supply Chain, Ho Chi Minh City
- Advisory Board Member, India SCM and Logistics Summit, New Delhi, India
- Advisory Board Member, Kong and Allan Consulting Group, Shanghai, China
- Chairman, International Relations Committee, Hong Kong Logistics Association
- Chairman, Logistics Committee at the British Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong
- Member of Transport & Logistics Committee, International Chamber of Commerce
- APAC Regional Leader & International Advisor, Supply Chain & Logistics Group, Dubai
Accolades: Mark's commitment to the industry has been recognised with several accolades:
- “Pro’s to Know, Supply Chain Providers” 2011
- “Chartered Fellowship” awarded by Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport 2010
- “Supply Chain Thought Leader” Pro's to Know 2009
- “One of the most Progressive People in World Logistics” 2008
- “Supply Chain Veteran” Who's Who of Supply Chain in Asia 2008
- “China Supply Chain 20: the Who, What and Why of China Supply Chain” 2007
- “Pro's to Know in Fulfilment and Logistics” 2007
- “Who's Who Top 20 Power Players in Supply Chain Management in China” 2006