The European Logistics CIO Summit is the place for top IT executives at transport and logistics companies to drill down into the key issues impacting IT departments now and devise strategies for IT innovation that will bring your company into a long term era of success.
In 2016, we're looking to deep-dive into the following critical topic areas:
- Reconciling business and technology priorities for the Logistics CIO – debate the evolving role of the top IT role at your organization: Is there still room for a CIO in logistics or is IT a core competency of the head of operations? What balance is needed in a Logistics CIO’s background between IT competencies and business strategy?
- Innovation and Future Trends in logistics and supply chain IT – as IT increasingly has a central role in the success of logistics and supply chain, find out what’s on the horizon in technology, how it will be harnessed by the industry, and how your organization can be an early-adopter, and how to avoid unnecessary expenditures.
- Data and Analytics – turning data into value for supply chain and logistics – Explore the very latest metrics, analytics and best practices for leveraging data in supply chain and logistics in actionable mechanisms to increase your forecasting, cut costs and deliver to your customers
- Measuring IT ROI, and gaining the trust of the senior leadership team – Analyse technology investments, and learn what strategies you can employ for demonstrating ROI, achieving ROI and getting the senior leadership team on your side when you’re looking to invest.
- Executing successful transformation inside the organization – Find out best practices for achieving seamless technology transformation within your organization. Look into leveraging your teams expertise as well as your technology partners to make the transition seamless between the old and the new.
- Using technology as a differentiator for your company – Delve into the world of technology and what it can offer the business from a business-strategy perspective. Discuss the ways in which technology can help differentiate your organization from the competition as well as attract new customers.
- Technology’s role in logistics and supply chain relationships – Debate technology’s role in relationships between businesses in supply chain and logistics. Understand where technology can play a role, but where traditional relationship-building is needed. Find out the latest technologies that can assist in easing the relationship-building process, and what role the CIO can play in fostering these important business partnerships.
Expert Speakers 2016:
Global Head of IT Products and Projects
Director of IT, Projects and Procurement
Eddie Stobart Logistics
DB Schenker Rail AG
Kristjan Thor Hallbjornsson
Member of the Board
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
Managing Director IT
Hapag Lloyd AG
VP IT Strategy and Planning
DPD Group Belux & NL
CEO / Founder
Head of Business Innovation & Systems
Director IT Logistic Solutions
Walther Ploos van Amstel
Lector City Logistics
Hogeschool van Amsterdam
Willem Jan Groenewoud
Chairman and CEO
See what last year's attendees thought:
"The Forum provided the opportunity to network, share information and learn from each other. It was time well spent"- Leonie Weber, Chief Process Officer, Europe, Damco
"Great event, good topics and interactive forums where there was a right mix of shippers, logistics providers and software vendors"- Michiel Tierie, VP Global IT Performance, Process and Quality Management, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight
"It was an excellent opportunity to listen to the current strategies and views of CIO's of significant players in the logistics market, along with great networking opportunities"- Steve Smith, Director Cargo Supply Chain, IATA
"The forum provided me with an excellent update on current technology developments in the logistics arena, and an opportunity to network with various parties present"- Joep Rutten, Contract Manager, TNT Express
Make IT a Crucial Business Driver at Your Logistics Company
Gain actionable insight through:
- Focused case studies from your IT peers at leading transport and logistics companies
- Senior level speakers sharing proven success stories and candid insight into IT best practices
- Interactive sessions featuring live polling, debate and mini workshops to make sure you walk away with practical, actionable tips to put into practice
- Niche industry networking exclusively with top IT and technology executives in the transport and logistics industry
- one2one meetings service to guarantee focused and time efficient networking
There are limitedÂ complimentary passes available for senior IT or operations executives at transport and logistics companies.
Learn: In Theory, In Practice, Interactive
Each major theme addressed will be broken down into three steps for your benefit:
- In Theory - Hear an academic or topic expert provide an introduction to the session theme and put the major issues into context
- In Practice - Leading Transport and Logistics IT execs share their practical knowledge and expertise with you
- Interactive - A chance to add your voice to the debate through Q&A, live polling and mini workshops
Supporters And Attendees Of Logistics CIO Forum 2015
A Pass to the Logistics CIO Forum Gets You:
- Full access to the shared networking and exhibition sessions - with strictly senior attendance and a dedicated one2one meeting service, you can be sure that no conversation will be wasted!
- Unrivalled insight into real examples of IT innovation and best practice in your industry and a chance to quiz the experts in a dynamic open forum.
- Gourmet lunches, continental breakfasts and networking drinks.
Passes for this event are strictly limited, make sure you don't miss out - Register today!